Kinesio Taping is in effect a therapeutic rehabilitation treatment and finds its application, especially in the sports field.
Created to mimic the characteristics of the skin, it does not have any type of medicine inside.
It usually lasts from three to five days and can be used for various problems, bringing important benefits:
• Normalization of muscle function: it supports the traumatized muscle and supports it in its weakening phase.
• Increase of blood and lymphatic circulation: acts on nociceptors that send decompression information from a deeper area to a more superficial one, creating more space between the skin and the muscle and thus improving blood circulation and lymphatic drainage.
• Pain reduction: the increase in the subcutaneous space has an inhibitory action on nociceptors (pain receptors).
• Correction of joint misalignments and improvement of proprioception.
In the podiatry field, this patch is used to treat pains such as plantar fasciitis, heelitis, metatarsalgia, ankle sprains, and bursitis, but also as drainage for swollen and edematous feet.
The functional bandage, on the other hand, is an inelastic bandage and the functions are:
• Keeping the damaged structures shortened, guaranteeing an analgesic function.
• Supporting an injured facility.
• Limiting dangerous movements.
• Allowing for painless functional movements.
These types of bandages are used for acute plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, Morton’s neuroma, and ankle sprains.
Contact our center immediately, together we will understand how to help you to get back to feeling good and better as soon as possible.
We also carry out home visits if necessary and after consultation with the patient.