Kinesio Taping is a therapeutic rehabilitative treatment that is generally used in sports.
Created to mimic the characteristics of the skin, it contains no drugs whatsoever.
It usually lasts from three to five days and can be used for various problems, bringing important benefits:
• Normalization of muscle function: it supports the traumatized muscle and sustains it in its weakening phase.
• Increased blood and lymphatic circulation: it acts on nociceptors that send decompression information from a deeper to a more superficial area, creating more space between the skin and the muscle and thus improving blood circulation and lymphatic drainage.
• Pain reduction: the increased subcutaneous space has an inhibitory action on nociceptors (pain receptors).
• Correction of joint misalignments and improvement of proprioception.
In the field of podiatry, this tape is used to treat pain such as plantar fasciitis, heelonitis, metatarsalgia, ankle sprains, bursitis, and also as drainage of swollen and edematous feet.
Another useful treatment is functional bandaging, an anelastic bandage that has the function of:
• Maintaining injured structures in shortening while providing an anti-pain function.
• Supporting injured structures.
• Limiting dangerous movements.
• Allowing painless functional movements.
These types of bandages are used for acute plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, Morton’s neuroma, and ankle sprains.
Contact our clinic now! We will figure out together how to help you get back to feeling great again as soon as possible.
If necessary and upon discussion with the patient, we can arrange home visits.